Sunday, February 22, 2009

What I have learned so far....


This semester has been much different from last semester already. I am learning that things don't always have to be refined and finished right away. Sketching is good and the more you do it (which i wasn't doing there for a while) the more ideas you start getting. It's always good to take a step back in time and try to go back to a sort of innocence when trying to think creatively. Children are uninhibited by all of the stresses and insecurities that people have the older they get. I want to continue to try to let my imagination run wild and think the way I did when I was young. The older I get the more I feel like I'm losing my creativity. I use to love to draw all the time and sketch just anything but the more that I look at it as something I "have" to do the less I actually do it. I want to get back to that feeling I use to have of loving to draw so much. I think the way to do that is to try to think like a child does (to a certain extent).



No comments:

Post a Comment